Re: Mid Ohio

To: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid Ohio
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:48:51 -0500
At 05:26 AM 6/21/02 -0700, michael lunsford wrote:

>I have read several commentaries about events at Mid Ohio that were very
>informative, some with pictures even (thank you).  What I haven't seen is
>a description of the overall turnout and the number of Triumphs at the
>event.  Would anyone out there care to enlighten the list on this
>issue?  thanks in advance.

There were over 50 TRiumph race cars, 45 of which made it through the
weekend and were on the grid for the All TRiumph race. According to an
announcement made at the TRiumph dinner on Saturday night, there were 500
or more street cars. I was in the show field Saturday AM (skipped my on
track session due to the rain) and there were several hundred street cars
already there, with more still coming in.

Irv Korey
TR4 #58
good car, bad driver
came in 39th in the All TRiumph race but I probably had more fun than
anyone else there