RE: tr3 hardtop

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tr3 hardtop
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:41:56 -0700
> I am fitting the TR3 hardtop, now that Moss offers the rear
> window that has
> been missing since I bought the car. Does anyone have a good
> substitute for
> the rear rubber sealing piece?

If you mean the seal between the hardtop and the body, TRF had them on sale
earlier this year, P/N 602269.  Perhaps they might have a few left.

> I am thinking that the top does
> not actually
> sit on the rear deck, but rather the rear part of the top rests on the 5
> brackets, with the sealing piece tight against the rear rails, closing out
> the snow, rain and other unwanted stuff.

I'm willing to be corrected, but none of mine have fit that way.  They sit
on the seal with some clearance between the chrome trim pieces on the
cockpit rail and the tabs on the top.  Pretty much has to be that way, those
trim pieces are not attached to anything structural, but only into the soft
aluminum of the cockpit rail.

Randall