Spring Compressor -THANKS -Pls Read

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spring Compressor -THANKS -Pls Read
From: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:00:30 -0500

Thanks to Randall, Rich Seaton, Bob Lang, Pete Ryner, Jerry Van Vlack, Pete
Ryner, Rich Crabbe, Graham Stretch, Ashford Littlem Mark Riddle, and Mark
Riddle for your response to my question on how to construct a good spring
compressor. I particularly appreciate the detailed instructions (the shopping
list I will take to the hardware store) as well as the words of caution from a
couple of you.  I especially extend my thanks to Jeff Dewey in Richmond, Va
and Jim Davis from Forston, Ga  who actually offered to loan me theirs!! Al
Salvatore is sending me a round trip airline ticket to Tampa to borrow his!!
What a country!!!

Today I got the car up on four jacks, removed one of the shocks and spent time
just examining the workings of the front suspension and in particular, the
spring, the pan and the shock tower. I now realize how straightforward it will
be to construct the right tool to safely remove the spring. Doing so will be
part of the fun.

Thanks again for your responses. I really appreciate being a part of these
groups and I only hope that I'm contributing at least as much as I'm getting
out of the Triumph and Six Pack lists.

With much appreciation,
Bob Fabie
'75 TR6