TR3 Oil Cooler Installation

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Oil Cooler Installation
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 05:54:19 -0800
     I am looking for an oil cooler for my TR3 that connects between the
filter head and the screw on filter. My current setup connects between the
filter head and the block. Bob Schaller recommended the former. Does anyone
know if these are available?
     FWIW, I beat an extra 3 years driving on a worn out engine with an oil
cooler installation. I routinely drive at high speeds on 100+ degree days
while going up a 4000 foot mountain grade . However, I didn't have a
thermostatic bypass and on a cold day I guess that the oil radiator
pressurized (the relief valve came after the oil radiator) and it split some
seams on the cooler. Next install with have a thermostatic bypass.
     I see that Victoria British sells a thermostatic bypass. Does anyone
know of other suppliers? I might check the local hot rodding shop.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA