TR3 Gauge Mounting Rings

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Gauge Mounting Rings
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:02:22 -0500
A topic that has been discussed in the past, but...

Are the gauge rings for a TR3 that the big 3 parts dealers sell used
between the gauge and the dash or are these the ones that go between
the glass and the gauge face?  My 3 did not have rings between the
gauge and the dash when I dismantled.  Also, MOSS shows there should
be rubber washer under the knobs on the switches.  Again, my switches
had no such washer.  Would this not effect the ability of the switch
to be pushed all the way in?

BTW, the rings that the guy is selling on eBay (which I bought) are
pretty useless if used under the glass and if for the seal between
the gauge and the dash, they are really flimsy and would most
likely be ineffective.?

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6