RE: Engine rebuilding problem

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net, Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Gene Holtzclaw <motrv8d@hotmail.com>, mocharand5@aol.com, tr6taylor@webtv.net, "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>, Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>, "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, Russ Pagano <pagano@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Engine rebuilding problem
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:01:52 -0700
Thanks to all for responding to my engine problem, I appreciate all your
comments.  I think the conundrum for me is that while the rebuilder did
polish the crank, I measured journal diameters and they were in spec,
and on the high side at that.  With standard bearings I wasnt expecting
something like .003 clearance.

So I will go back and remeasure the ID of the bearings in the block and
the crank journal OD.  If I have to I will probably go with the line
bore approach (thanks for clearing up any confusion on my part).

John - 1976 TR6