Re: IRS half-shaft sealing washer

To: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>, tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: IRS half-shaft sealing washer
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 21:29:04 -0500
Darrell,
In my TR6, I don't recall, nor does TRF catalog show and seals between inner
and outer shafts.  There is a bellows type boot over the two, however.

I did find a washer on the drive shaft that was as you described, cork and
deteriorating.  For that application, I used one of those felt washers that go
under the battery posts.  I had to fold it over and trim the inner diameter to
increase it to fit.  The purpose for the cork was to form a seal, which the
felt does as well.  (The color, red or green, is optional....)

hope this helps,
Stan