Re: Oh what a night! How about Oh what a week! longer!!

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oh what a night! How about Oh what a week! longer!!
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:59:14 -0000
Hi All
My Triumph story was the culmination to a bad Christmas. Cat to vets
Christmas eve, head clipped by car, Christmas day present from other half
(cruise control) to me was incompatible (now corrected) collect cat from
vets (now recovered),  Boxing day fit graphics card (my present to her) it
is broken, now replaced. Friday fit new light switch to Her Sprint, melted
down November whilst I had flu! Sat no problem, Sun Father rushed to
hospital, suspect another heart attack, actually ruptured stomach ulcer, now
home and can hardly tell he had a problem, Monday, fit new ign switch to PI
as it will run in the start position but not the run position, problem
sorted. Tues No disaster!!! New years day have a run organised, Hot mince
pies on the downs then to the local steam railway for a trip on the train,
PI won't start, transfer hot mince pies to 2000 and leave trying to make up
time, arrive at downs carpark and get caught out by entrance, scrub off most
of the speed and enter at about 15 mph, steer on to grass and am instantly
converted from driver to passenger (as in the controls are ineffective) ride
out the roller coaster and just before coming to rest peacefully I went over
two large bumps, front of car hits the rise of the second bump whilst still
travelling downwards and the jolt stuck the fan through the rad. Spent the
next 1/4 hour on the phone trying to get the bod on the other end to mark my
location by local landmarks but he has to have the name of the road and I
don't know it, and am not about to walk a mile in horizontal rain to find
out! eventually he lets the local garage he is sending to get me find out
the location, and funnily enough he knows exactly where I am from my
description wait the next hour for him to arrive and miss the run.
Get delivered home and it is sunny, have a look at the PI and find the
points have closed up D'OH. 2000 awaits new rad, fortunately there is only a
very slight dent to the lower valance which will probably come out once I
can get to it without the rad there!
Other half gets home having gone on the run in her car (as organisers we
take two cars one to lead and the other tail end Charlie) run was attended
by six cars excluding mine despite the bad weather and a fine time was had
by all. Normal run would be perhaps 12 cars in all.
I guess when all is said and done the outcomes of all the problems were good
so I can look back and laugh at the week, I hope no-one else had a holiday
quite as fraught as this one!!

Graham.