re: Listers age--No LBC content--

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Listers age--No LBC content--
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:05:00 -0800 (PST)
Congrats on the good choice of a first car Graham.
It should enrichen (sp?) your life experience.

In 1986 when I was 16, I got my first car  a 63 TR4.
Wrecked it a few months later . . . still have some of the parts though.
Bought a 64 TR4 a couple days later.
Now its body is up on stands in the garage.
All its parts are in boxes on the shelf.

Got another 63 TR4 a year or so later.  (That would make me a Three TR4 owner
by age 18)

Ive been driving that same 63 TR4 car to work every day for the past few
months since the 1970 TR6 I bought in 2000 got sick.

My advice:  Get yourself a big OLD 4WD truck as a companion car in a few years
if you can manage it.

You can use the truck on bad weather days, and it will be really handy in
fetching parts (or broken down cars)

I say big and old because you dont want your truck to be nice and comfortable
enough to substitute as your primary transportation.
If it is big and old . . . itll remain a good back up vehicle.

Just my opinion from my experience.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 everyday  (Wife wont let me get a big old truck though)
Leesburg, VA