Re: 1'st car

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1'st car
From: "Donald Knudsen" <dck@knudsenengineering.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:51:04 -0500
Hi all,

Coming out of lurk mode for this one. First car was a 58 Dauphine for $80 when
I was in high school (this would have been in the early 60s, I'm one of the
old guys on the list). Junk. Second car was a 59 Bugeye ($175) at 19 in first
year university. I loved that car. Blew the engine first weekend I had it (rod
through the side of the block). Put in a rebuilt short block under an apple
tree, sold it after 10,000 fun miles for $40 after my parents objected to it
being in their driveway when I was home for a term.

Bought my first TR3 in my mid-20s (I think about $80, it was a non-runner),
and am now on my fourth TR3, three of which I still own, although two of these
are more correctly described as collections of parts. My current daily driver
(parked for the winter) is a 59 TR3.

I love this list.

Don Knudsen
Perth, Ontario