[no subject]

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
From: "William Scherer" <scherer_william@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:24:51 -0800 FILETIME=[8720DE10:01C2B775]
  Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:26:01 -0500
  From: "Triumph TR2" <triumphtr2@direcway.com>
  Subject: TR 2 Project

    Hi all - I discovered a car hanging from the rafters of a barn on the
farm
  we moved into this summer, and after a little research, found that it's a
long
  door TR2 - in pretty rough shape, but everything seems to be there but the
  engine and transmission. My scouring of the internet so far leads me to
  believe I can find every part I need except these two!

    Any ideas re where I can begin to look to source these major components,
  or...
    a "bodiless" TR2 for parts, or ...
    failing these options, what more readily available engine and
transmission
  would work as an interim step?
    Appreciate your input and assistance!
    Cameron

Cameron
Welcome to the wonderfull world of TR2 Longdoors!  You have quite a find
there.  You should be able to come up with an compatible engine/tranny.  I
am not sure about the tranny, but I know that my current engine is out of a
TR3.  Where are you located?
Bill in San Jose
54 TR2