Good day turns bad: TR4 bonnet needed

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good day turns bad: TR4 bonnet needed
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:15:37 -0700
Beautiful sunny top-down day in Denver, but I missed a
Ford Explorer in the mid-afternoon glare/shade mix and
caught her back corner with my front corner. My fault,
she had the right of way, and thanks to her police training
(she is a sheriff's deputy) she saw me coming and almost
got out of the way. Almost.

No-one hurt, my wife just felt bad for me, we had a late
lunch. Unfortunately I'd left Tom's cell phone number at the office. The
driver's side front wing is bent badly, pulled away from the inner wing --
which is bent slightly taking the
bonnet hinge with it and out of true. So there's a tweak
in the bonnet about 6" from the back which can be
straightened easily, but the left side bonnet eyebrow
is smooshed and might be a tough repair. I'm thankful for UV's though,
since my bumper is clean, she just caught
the corner of the bonnet and the wing, even the grill looks
salvagable with careful vice work.

Insurance should cover everything, but I'm hoping the short bubble bonnet
can be repaired vs replacement.
I *might* be looking for a donor piece for just the front
corner of the bonnet, including the eyebrow and the
corner, if someone had a panel which otherwise was
scrap. Otherwise I believe all the parts are available.

Pix will be available when I get a chance. Denver local
body shop recommendations accepted.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO