1st Car - Ugly Duckling Award?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1st Car - Ugly Duckling Award?
From: "Homebru" <homebru@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:26:41 -0500
Cc: "Stephanie" <scvitkovic@aol.com>, "Zeljko" <zcvitkovic@aol.com>, "Mom" <trufdog@home.com>
I'm chiming in late on the subject, but...

My first car was a 1972 AMC GREMLIN with 17,000 miles in 1984 (Mom didn't
drive much in 13 years).

Is it any wonder why I would want something as SEXY as a Triumph later in
life?

Actually my way into Triumphs, was listening to the stories my Dad told of
dusting MGs and Healys in his TR3-B.  I think one of the neatest things he
told me was that back then it was fashionable to have your name painted in
script on the sunvisor, and your girlfriend's on the passenger visor.  He said
he went through a couple of visors that way.  He had two mates that had TR3s
as well.  One friend RED, One WHITE, and his BLUE.  The girls at the Jersey
Shore never had a chance!  He also had a TR4-A he bought new with every
option, then gave to my Mom when they got married.

I miss my Dad terribly, but know that he smiles from above everytime I take
Daphne out for a ride.

Chris
1967 TR4A