Dakar (Off Topic)

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dakar (Off Topic)
From: Ian Clough <mc_ian@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:56:24 -0500 (EST)
Sorry for the non-LBC content but I am wondering if
any of the listers out there are Dakar Rally fans like
me.  I'm pretty miffed about the dismal coverage this
awesome event gets from Speed Channel, but then again
I am thankful (a little) for seeing it at all as Speed
Channel is my only access to it on TV.  According to
www.dakar.com (official Dakar web site and a pretty
bad one) Deutsche Welle (Germany) is listed as a
broadcaster but I haven't seen anything there or
listed on their schedules.

Does anyone know of a better way to see (or find out
about) the Dakar??

Thanks,

Ian Clough
Ottawa, Canada

PS.  No plans to modify my TR6 to enter next year's
Dakar (I don't think it would be fair to the others
;-) ).