RE: MOSS Europe

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MOSS Europe
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:02:47 -0800
>      What is the difference between MOSS Motors in Goleta, CA and MOSS in
> Europe?

They were separate companies for a long time but they now both belong to the
same people.  AFAIK they are still being operated as separate companies,
though.

> How come you can't get the same stuff here that you can
> buy from them?

In at least some limited circumstances you can.  I called Moss US for brake
lines for my Stag "Sorry we don't carry anything for the Stag".  Found the
part number, called them back, "Oh, you must be working on a Stag.  We'll
ship those out today."  But judging by the price I paid, Moss US took a
markup on top of Moss UK's markup.

> Will MOSS Europe ship to the states?

Haven't tried it, but they say they will.  Be sure to ask about shipping
costs tho, air mail gets quite expensive and UK companies apparently don't
like to ship surface to the US.  On my last order from James Paddock, they
said they were unable to get insurance/delivery confirmation on a surface
shipment.

Randall