used parts & value

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: used parts & value
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:40:40 -0500
Cc: "british" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
I have a pair of HS-6 carbs complete with linkage, manifold and heat shield,
the carbs have been professionally rebuilt including shafts & butterflys, then
the entire set-up has been restored to concours show condition in addition to
the manifold being powder-coated with hi-temp silicone powder, I have checked
the prices from 3 vendors and just for these parts in a used state they want
$300.00, I offered my complete set-up as I have described above for $400.00
and was told I'm asking too much, am I off base here, they charge $375.00 just
to rebuild "YOUR" carbs. please direct opions to me. Thanks "FT"