Re: Spin-On Oil Filter Adapters by Moss

To: ataylor@mail.hrca.harvard.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spin-On Oil Filter Adapters by Moss
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:56:56 +0000 FILETIME=[CD3EA1D0:01C2BBD4]
>Is there anyone who has any experience with these and/or has an opinion
>about whether its worth it to get one for my '62 TR4?
>Thanks in advance,

    I think it's worth it... It won't keep you from crawling under your
    TR for an oil change but it will make the job a bit less messy.
    Also, as I understand it, spin on filters do the job a tad bit
    better than the old canister filter and they are more widely
    available.

    The only drawback is some people (as exhibited by occasional posts
    on this list) have a bit of trouble getting them to seal w/o
    leaking. I haven't had trouble with mine which has been installed
    for about 10 years now... It's one of the places wher my`4 doesn't
    leak.

    YMMV

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)