Re:  Was Radiator

To: tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr), jmitch@snet.net (John Mitchell)
Subject: Re:  Was Radiator
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:56:22 -0500
Cc: mhooper@pixelsystems.com (Mark Hooper), triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/16/2003 7:34:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, Paul  Burr
<tigerpb@ids.net> writes:

>Is it just me, or are shops that do this type of work evaporating off
>the face of the earth?
>There used to be dozens of radiator shops, alt/gen/starter rebuilders,
>automotive machine shops, etc. in my area.
>Every year, a few more close up. The end result of the use it and toss
>modern car?

I think so, Paul, along with those mechanics who could actually diagnose a
problem and fix it rather than continue to swap in new parts until the problem
seemed to diminish sufficiently. Sadly, more and more shops seem to be "parts
counter sales enhancement areas" rather than "service departments"!

--Andy Mace