TR's in Singapore.

To: <don.silcock@bently.com>
Subject: TR's in Singapore.
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:18:12 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I lived in Singapore for 8 years from 1985 and  was a member of the Malaysia
Singapore Vintage Car Register. The law when I was there only permitted cars
that were originally registered before the end of 1940 to be imported. There
are also quite strict procedures to be followed and high taxes to be paid
based on what the ROV (Registry of Vehicles) inspector thinks a car is
worth. I imported and restored a 1934 Morris 20 and the hassle was
tremendous.

There are also restrictions on the amount you can use your vintage car, I
think 14 days a year when I was there, But for a car made after 1940 your
only hope is to buy one  which is already there., unless things have changed
in the last few years.

You will get all the information you want if you go to
http://members.tripod.com/~MSVCR/

HTH,

David Brister.