Re: 6 blade fan

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 6 blade fan
From: "Jeffery Howard" <nhoward442@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:38:20 -0600
Fred,
It has always been my understanding that the water passing through the block
was to pick-up the heat from the operation of the engine.  If the water goes
through the block too fast it will not have time to absorb the heat and
therefore disapate the heat at the radiator.  In fact I have read ( in the
competion manuals) that it is a good idea to damage the thermostat to
prevent it from closing completely.  The idea behind that is, if the
thermostat should fail closed the engine may overheat.  It also stated that
the thermostate should not be removed completely because it slows the flow
of water and allows it to absorb the heat.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Jeff Howard