Re: 6 blade fan

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Jeffery Howard" <nhoward442@charter.net>
Subject: Re: 6 blade fan
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:02:57 -0700
Jeff,

What I got from reading about thermostats in the competition maual was that
for racing situations you should remove the guts from the thermostat.  That
way it could not possibly stick in the closed position.  But you should put
the gutted thermostat back in to retain the flow rate as designed.  Maybe
that's what you're saying anyhow.

If you're pumping water through faster and I think the impeller Fred was
talking about does that, then you're getting more water and hence cooler
water through your engine.  I'm sure there's a point of diminishing return
on more water through the engine versus cooler water going into the engine
but the best solution is trial and error and finding out what makes YOUR
engine not overheat whether it's bigger and better fans or radiators or
water pumps.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)