RE: Newbie Questions: x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "J.S. Burruso" <jburruso@earthlink.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Newbie Questions: x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:05:01 -0500
>I seem to remember that the bonnet bulge on TR4's 4a's and 5's
vary in
>length-something about a long bulge and a short bulge.  Which
cars had
>which length?

The bulge was short on the very first late 1961 manufactured
TR4s.  The longer bulge you see on most all cars Started at
CT6429.  All this data is in the Bill Piggott "Original Triumph -
TR4/4A/5/6"

>Secondly, when TR4's went over to a wooden dash was there still
a metal
>dash underneath?   If so, do TR4a's and 5's also have a metal
dash
>underneath the standard wood dash?

Yes there was a metal dash under the wood veneer dash.  If you
want to go back to the original white metal dash the original
part is still there for support and be restored to the SPA White.

Check out my website for details

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site