Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this use of

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this use of the list.
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:49:00 -0000
 Yes I know this has been about for a while but it might work!

Subject: FW: Petrol Prices

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

We are going to hit close to 89p a litre by the summer.

Want petrol prices to come down?
We need to take some intelligent, united action.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day"
campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves
by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was
a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
work. Please read it and join in! By now you're probably thinking petrol
priced at about 77p a litre is super cheap. Me too! It is currently 79p -
83p for regular unleaded in some towns.
Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at 77p -80p, we need to take aggressive
action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.
With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take
action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if
we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do
that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying petrol. But we
CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price
war.
Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from
the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are
not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But
to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol
buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this
point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of
people!!
I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more
(300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If
those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then
30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,
you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again,all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy
at ESSO/BP)  (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all
you have to do is send this to 10 people.... well, let's face it, you just
aren't a mathematician.  But I am... so trust me on this one.) How long
would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people
within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you
didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we
can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message
on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 70p a LITRE RANGE
Action: It's easy to make this happen.  Just forward this email, and buy
your petrol at Shell, Tesco, Sainsburys, Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

---