RE: Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this us

To: "'Graham Stretch'" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this use of the list.
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:38:53 -0500
Graham,

I'm not trying to pick a fight and I am no fan of high petrol prices, but
I'm afraid you can't win in the long run with the approach you propose.
Overall demand would have to fall (or supply rise) in order to lower prices.
What you say might work in the short run, but that's all.

What proportion of the 89p/litre is taxes? I know in the US it is a high
percentage. Another approach might be to go after the tax man.

Regards,
Hugh Fader