Re: TR4 PCV vs Breather

To: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 PCV vs Breather
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:53:00 -0500
George, been there and done that and I doubt that the plug can be removed
easily with the engine in place. I would be concerned with dropping debris
into the engine in the process. Mine is a 4A but now has the breather tube and
an early TR 4 valve cover. The pcv system is gone. I installed the tube when
the engine was rebuilt.
I trust that you have the proper oil cap on your valve cover. It needs a
vented cap and the breather pipe in place to function. I assume you have the
Stromberg carburetor setup with the breather tube that runs into the air
filters.
I remember my brother drove his 4 from Chicago to Pittsburgh many years ago
with a clogged valve cover breather tube. when he got to Pittsburgh the whole
back of the car was coated with oil and a real mess. Oil was coming out from
every place that it could find an escape route. Cleaning the valve cover
breather tube fixed the problem.
JVV