Re: '70 TR6 Ignition Switch Barrel

To: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Re: '70 TR6 Ignition Switch Barrel
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:21:27 -0500
Cc: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
There are pins above and below the lock cylinder in the body of the unit
on the barrel of the lock mount.. you need to carefully drill a hole
alongside each of the pins and then pry the pins out far enough to
release the lock, which is then just pulled out.

My copy of "Keying &  Servicing Foreign Car Locks" says that it's not
recommended because you need to remove the steering column. Could be
true, I've got the assembly on my desk here, but I did take out the
steering column. Don't think I had to though.

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph