'70 TR6 Ignition Switch Barrel

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '70 TR6 Ignition Switch Barrel
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:02:21 -0500
Us folks in Central PA had a unique opportunity, with little notice,
to scour around a car parts junk yard that had quit the collection
of Triumph, MG and Jag parts pulled from discarded cars along with
some NOS. I got there late, since much of the real treasures where
taken (so I was told by those who got there early) at near to
nothing cost.  I still found a number of items for my '70 TR6, all
all original and in good shape.

Anyway, one item I have been looking for for some time is an
original WASO ignition switch. My 6 came with a Land Rover
switch and will not take the crash pad. There was one there so
I bought it for $5!  My question is how do you remove the
tumbler from the body? I have played around, tried to "force"
it out, but I do not want to do any damage.

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6