Re: Mounting Engine

To: jackandangie@attbi.com, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mounting Engine
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:16:23 -0700
Jack, I initially attached my engine to the stand using the rear plate,
with long bolts going through the thru-holes and a nut behind the plate.
You should remove the flywheel first.  But if you need to remove the
crank, at some point you will need to remove the plate and mount the
block directly to the engine stand or put the block on a table if youre
not too comfortable, since the plate covers the rear seal housing.  I
dont have a problem doing this, my reasoning is that the bolts can
actually penetrate longer thru the block than a single nut does, and I
didnt have a problem using a single nut on each bolt when I had the
engine mounted intially to the block using the rear plate.

John Lumia - 76 TR6

Jack wrote:>>
I know I have seen this before, and I was sure I saved the e-mail, but
I sure
can't find it now. I'm about to start work on my motor. Is it best to
remove
the large plate on the back and bolt the engine stand directly to the
block,
or bolt the engine stand to the plate?