RE: TR6 Soft Top Webbing

To: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Soft Top Webbing
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:24:56 -0500
Stan,
I didn't want to give out my dimensions for fear they are not exactly
right for their top, but the following are the distances between bows on
my TR6 tops starting from the rear forward: 17 1/4",9 5/8",12". The
measurements were taken from the center of the webbing, beginning at
where the webbing enters the slot on the rear stiffener and then to the
center of the metal plates that are riveted to the bows. The top frame
was securely latched in the front to the windshield when I made my
measurements.
Note that there are probably minor variances in each car, but these
dimensions should be very close.

Hope this helps,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

List,
When I got my '6, a relatively new top, with relatively new rips came
with it.
There were no web straps.  Later, I learned they are needed, and I would
guess they are needed to position the free rib of the frame so as to
eliminate the need to pull so hard the top rips, as DPO had done !  I
now have a web kit to be installed when the frame-off gets there.

For those of us with nothing to go by, could someone please measure the
various distances between the ribs where the webbing is anchored to the
ribs.  Again, this is for a TR6.

Thanx in advance,
Stan