re: Home for old computer parts? (not LBC)

To: mhooper@pixelsystems.com, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Home for old computer parts? (not LBC)
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:05:26 -0700
Mark,
I recently sorted through my PC museum and sold a selection of
everything from (2x)386, (3x)486, P233, PII 450, about 10 hard drives
from 80 meg- 2 gig, and 4 14-15" monitors I got $120.00 for the works
from the network administrator in my wife's office. He said he would use
the 450 Pentium and turn the rest over to a local charity here in
Calgary that supplies computers to the Indian reservation schools and
other needy organizations. He regrettably is on holidays this week so I
can't get info from him, but I would suggest contacting your local
school board or the United Way both should be able to point you in the
right direction. My current PIII 550 lap top is due for replacement I
intend to put it in a drawer in my garage so with it's wireless network
card I can scream out to the electronic world for help without going in
the house. That and I have PDF versions of the shop manuals for both the
Triumph and the Fiat. Now if I added a LCD projector and a wireless
mouse to the mix I could project my manual on the appropriate wall of
the garage or even the underside of the hood being that both cars are
white and page through the manuals as I work on the car.  Got an LCD
projector in your pile you want to get rid of? When my wife gets bored
with her new Toshiba E330 PDA I'm taking it for my tool box it has a PDF
reader so I could have all my shop manuals in my shirt pocket.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet