RE: 11AC alternator

To: "British-Cars@Autox. Team. Net" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Stag list" <stag@digest.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 11AC alternator
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:38:40 -0800
> The 11AC alteranator is not a direct interchange as the wiring is quite
> different. The 11AC has a separate regulator box. The 11AC unit is a very
> old unit by toadays standard and not a good choice.

Dixie, I think you've misunderstood me.  The car already has a correct,
possibly original, 43 amp 11AC unit (not an 18ACR as the Mk II Stags have),
replete with two external control boxes.  I am interested in an 'invisible'
upgrade, which I suspect the 60 amp 11AC would be.

I'm aware there are probably better choices for upgrades, like the 55 amp
Bosch unit I already have on hand (exact replacement for an 18ACR), was just
wondering about one that looked and mounted the same as the original.  I've
had my 11AC apart, there's really nothing wrong with the design other than
the external control boxes (one of which uses a relay) and at least it
doesn't use that stupid plug (which is a common failure point).

But thanks for the reply
Randall