Re: restamping commission plates

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: restamping commission plates
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:43:48 -0000 h0NNjf70026015
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>

> > I know there's at least one person out there doing this
> > commercially; I remember making the entry in the Monster List.
> > Look there...
>
> Try this...  http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk/

Hi,
    I'm a bit late picking up on this. I can see the subject has moved forward,
but I guess it's worth mentioning current status on my commission plate
service. I can supply plates for most Triumphs upto 1965, but there has been a
hiatus in introducing new plates since the middle of 2002, mainly due to
problems in my subcontractors supplying plates to the required standard.
Manufacture has now resumed with the introduction of the early Vitesse 6
commission plate, with the Spitfire 4 and Sports Six scheduled as the next
releases. Artwork design is now mainly controlled in-house. While this gives me
total control in most cases, it means I have to spread my time rather thinly
between projects, so the release schedule for commission plates has inevitabley
had to be slowed somewhat.
    Towards the end of 2003 I expect to have the majority of Triumph commission
plates available upto the early 1970s, however there will be gaps to fill in
where unique plates were used for different markets. This will apply largely to
the North American models. I have already done some research into these plates
and I'm sure I will be picking the list's collective brain once more later in
the year,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--