Re: TR4A fuel pump rebuild

To: ARhodes@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A fuel pump rebuild
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 05:49:32 EST
In a message dated 01/24/2003 11:46:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ARhodes@compuserve.com writes:

> I have an original TR4A fuel pump I'd like to rebuild.  I saw in the moss
> online
> catalog that the rebuild kit does not include the rubber gasket for the
> diaphragm shaft. Is this true?   Mine is ruined and needs to be replaced.
> Does anyone know a source for these parts?

You could try TRF, P/N RFK1400, their catalogue says "comes with shaft oil
seal not included with kits from other suppliers". I rebuilt one last year
and it seemed to have all I needed. You could try calling them first, they
are quite helpful at Tech Research (Dave, I think) @814-446-4491 M-F
12:30-6:00PM Eastern Time He also seems to man the "Sales" phone at times
@800-678-8764, you could try that number up to 9PM M-F, 8-6 on Sat.
Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)