Re: TR4A fuel pump rebuild

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h0PKfN70005104
Subject: Re: TR4A fuel pump rebuild
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:40:30 -0500
I agree that it probably does not do a lot, but I think the oil seal does
serve two functions.

1) It still does tend to keep engine oil in the engine.  There is a small
port on the engine side of the diaphragm
which will let oil out of the pump body.

2)  If the diaphragm leaks the gasoline might run into the crank cast and
cause problems.  The seal will help keep
most of the gas out and let it spill out the port instead.

-Tony

Message text written by "Fred Thomas"

> I have an original TR4A fuek pump I'd like to rebuild.  I saw in the moss
online
> catalog that the rebuild kit does not include the rubber gasket for the
diaphragm shaft.
> Is this true?   Mine is ruined and needs to be replaced.  Does anyone
know
a source for these parts?