Re: Sealing sill end-caps

To: Cliff Hansen <hansenc@zianet.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sealing sill end-caps
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:54:26 -0500
Cliff,
NAPA sells seam seal in a tube to fit a caulking gun - local NAPAs keep it
behind the counter; you have to ask for it.
I'd put some undercoat on top of that.

Additionally, I'd paint all I could within the rocker with rustoleum or similar.
Neatness doesn't count in there, only coverage.  Stop an inch or so from the
open end so you can weld, but plan a way in to paint the remaining metal around
the end cap, and the cap itself.  There are drain holes along the bottom of the
inside edge, and holes along the top, just inside the door seal lip.

Stan