Sealing sill end-caps

To: Cliff Hansen <hansenc@zianet.com>
Subject: Sealing sill end-caps
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:47:48 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h0QLGS70020123
Message text written by Cliff Hansen
>I'm about to weld in the end caps for my replacement sills.  I need to
seal
up the small gaps that will be present in the corners.  Any
recommendations?  Seems that I need something like a caulk.
<

Yes.  Find an autopaint store and ask for a polyurethane seam sealer made
by Fuzor.  It comes in caulking gun cartridges and sausage casings, the
latter of which takes a special $35 gun.  This is great stuff.  It is what
is used by the quto manufacturers. It stays pliable, is paintable and
sticks lke crazy.

Dave Massey
57 TR3 (awaiting restoration)
71 TR6 (Driver)
80 TR8 (restored with polyurethane seam sealer in all the right places)