New collector in Sri Lanka!!!

To: morris@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, mini-list@autox.team.net
Subject: New collector in Sri Lanka!!!
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:18:54 -0800
Cc: MorrisMinors@smartgroups.com
This came off of the prewar list - The triumph might be prewar!
Contact this guy directly if you are interested in coresponding with him
- Rick/Venice Beach

Hey there everyone,

    Before I start let me introduce myself, my name is Patrick de Saram from
Sri Lanka. I am a collector and I bought a Morris 8 pre-war model a few
months ago. My brother, my brother-in-law, my son and I had to do a lot of
restoration work as the previous owner was not much of a car lover and had
left it to rot outside. I was able to find another Morris 8 for spares as
they were scavenged by the first owner. The second one's body was beyond
repairs but the spares were in pretty good shape. So now we have one Morris
8 pre-war model ready to go on the road after a good pain job.

    Recently I was able to get myself a Triumph and a Mini Minor as well.
Both of which are in very good shape, the Triumph had some work. The seats
had to be redone, the retractable roof rexine was spoilt, and the brakes
were bound. My team worked on the Triumph long and hard and got it to a
stage where I can say it is now one of the best out of the lot.

    The Mini had very little work, I replaced the rims and tires to size 12
and put in an extension to the gear box to bring the lever closer as it was
having a long stick that was hard to shift. Now with the small stick that is
closer to the drivers hand it looks like a marvel.

    Well, folks... that's about it and feel free to contact me if there are
any questions anyone might have.

Cheers,

Asela de Saram <aselad@gmx.net>