5 spd Conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 5 spd Conversion
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:49:09 -0800
Hi  Listers,
        I  am  happy to report the transmission is IN THE CAR, with a
little  help from a friend. The next  item on the check list is to
have the  drive shaft balanced.  I am supposed to extend the movable
part all the way and lock it there with a supplied collar. Movement
(to a fro) will  be handled by the custom flange supplied that fits
the  Toyota  output shaft.
        The  problem is the movable part of the drive shaft won't
move...I assume it is just stuck...what  is the  sage adivice  on
getting it  un-stuck?  I need to make sure it is the full extended
position before going any further.

Thanks  for  your Time

--
Bill  Pugh