GT6 MKIII rear brakes - solved

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "CARS Spitfires@Autox. Team. Net \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: GT6 MKIII rear brakes - solved
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:19:09 -0500
Someone else was having the same problem with
a 'first peddle push' soft...then progressively firmer.

I've been fighting the same thing... thought the master was bad.
no servo.... .75" master...self adjusting rears.

I just went back out to the garage and pulled the rear wheels off.
I adjusted the little wheels by hand until I could just barely
get the drums back over the brake shoes. (just a little bit of drag
when rotating them.  VIOLA!  The peddle is firm on the first push!

Hope this helps!

So...Big Red. is all gassed up and ready for it's first test drive
tomorrow morning.   yiiipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com