Re: RE; What would a pro do

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE; What would a pro do
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:50:37 +0000
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, at around 17:50:39 local time, Alex Redding
<aredding@mail.com> wrote:
> Used to be one though not on Triumphs: First, shoot it with CRC or PB
>Blaster both are better penetrants than the old WD. NFI. Then I would
>try either a long stroke air hammer with a blunt tip or a hot wrench.
>Around here shop labor runs $65 to $130 per hour so it doesnt take long
>to buy those parts with labor.(i.e. If I spend two hours @ $100 per to
>save you $75 on parts I haven't done you any favors) Alex

Dear Alex,

Thanks for that.   Nice to hear that some pros at least try to get
things apart before getting out the cutting torch!   I appreciate what
you say about commercial labour rates (although yours are a damn sight
higher than ours on this side of the pond - we run about GBP22 (USD35)
for small back-street garages to GBP60 (USD96) for main dealerships),
and why this means that my question was irrelevant: professionals have
different priorities from amateurs.

Sounds as though I need to find some PB Blaster for future use. :-)

ATB

--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671