USA cylinder heads

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: USA cylinder heads
From: "Hadrian Merler" <vine01@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:45:32 -0800 FILETIME=[F6E00CE0:01C2C71E]
Hello List,
Roger Williams describes the difference between a US head and a UK head in
his restoration manual. He measured the distance between inlet ports and
stated that a 7/8" space identifies the UK head. CF29999 is a N. American
engine (I think) yet it is 7/8" between inlet ports, with no extra roll pin,
and an extra tagged head gasket.

Which head does CF29999 have, and could I safely shave it to increase the
compression?

Hadrian
74 TR6