Re: TR6 Roll Bar Question

To: "M Brooks" <mike@gsta.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Roll Bar Question
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:59:31 -0600
At 10:12 AM 1/28/03 -0500, M Brooks wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I picked up a well used TR6 roll bar that I want to install in my car. It's
>the U-shaped model with square plates drilled with 4 mounting holes at the
>bottom. It has no hardware which is no big deal but my problem is that I
>can't remember if there was supposed to be a matching plate that comes up
>from the bottom of the car. Are they supposed to be simply bolted through
>the rear shelf and secured with fender washers on the other side?

If you don't plate the underside of the roll bar, and you need the roll bar
to protect you in case it has to serve its intended function, the bar will
rip right out of the sheet metal and give you very little protection. As it
is, since the street bars don't tie into the frame, their mountings aren't
all that strong, but the bar will be nothing more than a showpiece if you
don't plate the underside.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58