The Truth About Triumph Carpet Materials

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Truth About Triumph Carpet Materials
From: "Duncan" <duncan.basjag@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:02:18 -0800
Sorry that the following comments are a little dated, but the thread regarding
carpet was only recently brought to my attention.

By way of introduction, my name is Tony Hazell, I'm the President of Heritage
Upholstery & Trim and BAS Ltd. North America.  BAS Ltd. is a large
international compny with offices in Australia, Canada, USA, France and UK.
We have many parts to our business.  As BAS Ltd. one of the biggest and
longest running is our Jaguar Interior Product business.  Another is our
material manufacturing business including many types of auto carpet including
Wilton Wool.  Infact we are the world's largest and oldest after market Jaguar
interior producer and England's biggest producer of Classic Auto Carpet.

My staff and I monitor all of the well known British Car chat pages,
Jag-Lovers, Austin Healey Lovers and most recently with our market entry into
Triumph Upholstery, your page.

In our 10 years of business in North America I have never posted any comments
on any of the pages although I have been tempted many times.  I will not be a
regular participant in your chat club as I feel that this format should be for
private enthusiasts only and not trades people.

So it is with mixed feelings that I'm compiling this posting, but I feel that
the comments made by Mr. John McCartney on January 23 to be very accurate, as
were those comments of Corey Sherman, Edward Hamer , Geo Hahn and Brian
Sanborn.

I would like to encourage all subscribers to visit our company web page
heritagetrim.com to see a relevant portion of our site that we have addressing
this matter regarding correct Wilton Wool carpet specification specifically.

I would also like to point out to Mr. McCartney, that John Skinner in the UK
uses the Wilton Wool we manufacture exclusively and has done for many years.

I'm sure he will find the portion of our Triumph web page entitled "The Truth
about Triumph Carpet Materials and Quality" very interesting.  And I would be
very eager to hear his comments and those of any other subscriber.

Cheers,
Tony Hazell
President
Heritage Upholstery & Trim