TR3A Water Pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Water Pump
From: David Willett & Carol Gray <willgray@region.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:09:54 -0500
As I was preparing to install my "new" (used) water pump onto the
engine block, I noticed that it does not, contrary to the diagrams in
Bentley and in Haynes manuals, have any provision for a grease nipple
anywhere. There is a small aperture on the underside of the pump
through which a short length of the shaft can be seen, but that's
all. I have not attempted to disassemble the pump itself as the
pulley/shaft assembly seems to rotate quite freely with lateral or
longitudinal play.
  Any advice?
  TIA,
  Dave
--
1957/1960 Triumph TR 3A
  # TS24301/TS80479

--
dangerous content at Northstar Internet by our MailScanner and Virus Scanner,
See http://net2u.com for more info.