TR8 Tonneau doesn't fit

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR8 Tonneau doesn't fit
From: "John Fleming" <joflemin@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:46:49 -0500
The tonneau boot cover on my TR8 is a very poor fit.  I would guess that
over half of the snaps are so poorly aligned that they will not connect with
the male counterpart on the car.  A lot of pulling and stretching will get a
few connected but not all.  Leaving it in the sun helps a little but not a
lot.  I considered just buying a new one but I'm afraid I'll just have the
same problem.  And as a matter of fact, the convertible top has the same
problem, but not as bad.
I have considered a couple of choices: 1) take it to an upholstery shop and
have some stretchy material added or  2) buy some new snaps and just install
them alongside the old ones.
Any thoughts, anecdotes, words of wisdom....
Thanks,
John