Tube Shock Converson

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tube Shock Converson
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:42:41 EST
Hello everyone.  I am thinking about replacing my old lever shocks with tube
shocks.  I've noticed that there are two types in the lastest Roadster
Factory catalog.  Does anybody have any thoughts about the two different
types.  Which one would be the strongest.  During my restoration of my 74
TR6, the frame had extensive repair in the rear.  They didn't quite get it
perfect.  The crossmembers are two further back.  This caused the link from
the lever shocks to rub the trailing arm.    The rear alighns fine.  I am
hoping the changing over to the tube shocks, that the rubbing problem will go
away.  Any thoughts will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Harry Mague
Beavercreek, OH
74 TR6