Lucas SLR 576 Lights and other MISC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas SLR 576 Lights and other MISC
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:23:51 -0500
List,
        Sometimes it pays to be a pack rat! I found a pair of front bumper over
riders and the upper chrome supports and a pair of Lucas 576 driving lights
in the attic of the house we used to live in. These came off my 1963TR3B
which I had in 1964. The bummer et all had to be replaced due to a
collision with another idiot on the road!  I use the word "idiot"
intentionally:-) I know how I drove back then!

        The over riders I had drilled to hold the Lucas Lights so I may put
them
on current 63B, bit I have a questions about the lights.

        One of the lens is broken and can replacements be had for that? The
second
light is perfectly intact, but the inside of the lens needs to be cleaned.
Before I destroy it, does anyone have an idea how to separate the lens from
the reflector?

        Any help would be appreciated.....