Re: TR6 Roll Bar Question (and 6'6" fitment)

To: john matthews <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Roll Bar Question (and 6'6" fitment)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:50:29 -0700
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Since you are 2 inches taller than I am you may want to check that your
> seat will go all the way back after you install the bar. I installed a
> rollbar in my TR 4 and promptly removed it to gain back a few inches of
> legroom.

BTW I'll note that 6'6" seems to be about the max for my TR4, based on
my 6'6" passenger the other day. He was able to move the seat all the
way back and stretch his legs, and I think he didn't really need to scrunch
his neck like he did since he still had a couple inches under the top, but
that's about it. On a warm top-down day I think he'd have been happier
though.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO