TR3 rear hub stud installation

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 rear hub stud installation
From: "Sluggo Rob" <rksuggitt@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 06:38:22 -0500
I spent half a day removing a damaged stud from the rear hub of my 3A.  It got
much easier once I figured out that it was threaded into the hub.  Has anyone
installed a new stud?  It looks like the original was threaded in to the hub
then peened over on the back with a 3 million ton press.  I was thinking of
accomplishing the same thing with a gob of weld from the mig on the back of
the hub

Questions:

Will the heat from the mig warp the hub?
Will the gob of weld cause wheel imbalance?
Is there an alternate type of stud that is just pressed in from the back of
the hub?

Note that I have wires if that makes any difference.

Rob
TS47477