TR3 clutch slave

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 clutch slave
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:35:01 EDT
I thought I'd add a bit to this for those following the thread.

The reason I concentrated on the slave was because when I went to drain the
resivior (originally I was going after the master, thinking it to be the
problem) I opened the bleeder at the slave to drain it, assuming that gravity
would do its course and drain the system. For the heck of it I pumped the
pedal, and low and behold, a good gush of fluid exhibited itself on the
floor, so I continued pumping, flushing the system. This led me to think the
master was doing its job. Once the slave was removed I took out the circlip
and noticed the piston was rather easily removed by simply tapping it on my
hand and it easily pushed back (in and out). Far too little resistance
methinks. So before I replaced the master I thought to check it out,
re-filled the resivior, bled the system, and up to snuff it came. Much to my
surprise. ... But as Lou mentioned ... "don't get too cocky" ... "cause there
is always the next time" ... <master cylinder in reserve>.